Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Malavitas or Union Forces?
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 02:37 PM   #101 (permalink)
killclimbz
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty19 View Post
My issue with the Arcteryx fit is more about length than volume. I'm pretty tough on gear, but I've had pretty good performance from the Airblaster, Burton, and Volcom pieces that I've tried.

As a pnw rider, I've been really curious about Homeschool. Unfortunately their XL stuff isn't long enough for me.

I agree on the durability of some of the Mountain Hardwear stuff. I've got a five or six year old Gore Pro shell from them, and a ten+ year old rain shell (can't remember the laminate). The Columbia Sportswear merger/buyout doesn't seem to have too badly impacted the quality. Still, the cuffs on their pants are too tight to work well with snowboard boots (for me), and the jackets are too short in both the arms and the body to work well for riding (for me). Great stuff for backpacking and snowshoeing, though!

I don't think that I've been doing much trash talking at this point. Just trying to respond to some occasional posturing with attempts at reason and honest reflection when possible.
Yeah, I've pretty much found you have to go snowboard pants, at least for me. Like you Arcteryx doesn't work for me. MH will in most cases, Jacket wise. I find that with pants, I usually have to go with a company that has snowboard sensibilities.

Kind of surprised to hear that about Homeschool, I thought they ran a little large.

I haven't found you to be a trash talker or spammer. Hence why you weren't banned but some other EL members were.
killclimbz is online now   Reply With Quote