Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Malavitas or Union Forces?
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 03:56 PM   #111 (permalink)
Alkasquawlik
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry06x View Post
I love Reading this forum to learn stuff (pros and cons) about all the manufacturers because I don't personally get to try all the gear I want too. Personally it seems more open minded here towards brands (although certain people do like to voice their disliked brands) than EL does. Generally on here you get a vast lineup of good choices with the few heavily favorited brands and every time I read an EL thread it seems like its always the exact same shit being pushed and heavily pro union for bindings and hating a majority of other brands. Atleast that was the feel I had when I searched things there.
How long did you lurk over on Easyloungin?

EL is heavily pro C3, and there are a few die hard fanatics over there, but even they annoy me with their blind, irrational love for a single product. But there are a ton of guys over there, with a lot of knowledge about many, many different brands who are more than willing to drop some information if you ask.

Personally, what you wrote about SBF is exactly how I feel about EL. There's a lot of Analog, Airblaster, C3, and Burton love over there, but there are many posters who ride other things and like I said, are more than willing to help out other people with their experiences.

This place isn't bad at all, other than a couple kooks who think they're "King of the Mountain" on an internet site. Tools.
And that's the thing, you said you like reading all the "pros and cons" of a single brand. Every single fucking brand is going to have pros and cons, it depends on you personally as a rider and your preferences for things. However, due to a couple people being too clueless to correctly set up a pair of Union bindings, even if it took them 2 hours, and then come and just blatantly spam SBF with the "cons" of a certain brand, is there a reason why people can't post up their positive experiences with product, without the Pointer Sisters freaking out and ripping their hair out?

There's even people filtering over to EL from here who are mentioning the random anti-C3 hate.

"Mainly here for the simple fact that I was beginning to think I was a dumbshit for rocking Force when I haven't ever had a problem with them. Start to read stuff long enough though and it can make a guy think twice.

Feeling much better about my 2nd Union purchase after lurking the forums here for the past few days."

There's a place for every single snowboard company out there, and obviously C3 is killing it, due to their market share and product flying off the shelves. If they don't work for you, go find something else.

Last edited by Alkasquawlik; 11-09-2012 at 04:01 PM.
Alkasquawlik is offline   Reply With Quote