Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - What’s up? Long time wake-boarders, newbies to snow boarding
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 05:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
mixie
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-hoe View Post
Thanks for the input.

We will have to see which Oakley's fit us and check out that lens.

It sounds like we will have to find a women's board for her for sure. Can you walk into most store and ask to demo a new board? Is there usually a pile or something to choose from or can you ask to demo a specific new board? I think I have a pretty good idea of what I want, that is why I was looking at the TRS, but we don't have a clue as to what she wants to ride.

Do most brands of bindings fit on most boards? I know wake-board bindings were pretty much universal, is this the same for snowboards? I wouldn't want to find a pair of bindings I like then find out they don't work with the board I want.

well, where I ride the shops have a selection of demo boards, all the big names and models. It's 20ish a day to demo and up to 3 or so days of demo will be credited towards a purchase.

i just looked at evo.com in the outlet section. They have quite a range of womens boards from for under $200. A lot solid entry level models. If your gf is a beginner boots are a way more important purchase then board. Look at whats in your price range, you should be able to get something for 200ish that will easily get her thru her first season. Also you know her. Is she going to pick it up super fast and want to go all agro? Or is she going to be mellow and cruise?

A good general all mountain would board would be enough to get thru your first season. By the end of the season you'll know where your board is holding you back and what do you like/don't like about it and what you ARE looking for in a board. And? then this year models will be on sale. March is a good time to buy boards as they tend to go on sale and then you now have a rock board for early season.

What have you been using this far? Rentals?

I think outside of burtons slot thingie bindings are universal.

Last edited by mixie; 11-09-2012 at 05:59 PM.
mixie is offline   Reply With Quote