Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - better than people...
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 08:51 PM   #4 (permalink)
chomps1211
Not quite reformed yet

Not surprised! Animals can be good therapy for many emotional or psychological issues. They make no judgments, no demands that you "Be" anything that you aren't, or can't be.

No need to feel self conscious around them, no need to worry about "what do they think of me"! They accept you as you "Are"!! Right there, right now! Complete and "Perfect" acceptance!!!! You don't need to "Get Better",.. Get "Fixed" or get your shit together before they can accept you!!

With Pets,.. You are OK, just because you ARE!! Look at all the cases of abused animals who after everything they've been through,.. STILL, just want there masters affection!!!!
They don't even "Demand" that you treat them well in order to earn their devotion!!! (...which is why, I personally think people who "Don't",.. should be ground up and fed to pigs!!!) ...but that's a different discussion!

I can act a complete "Fool" in public with my dog, and not worry one bit who's watching or what anybody thinks!! I will start up conversations with total strangers who are out with their pets, when had they been by themselves, I would NEVER have spoken with them!

It would seem that in many instances,.. a pet's presence can work to overcome many emotional insecurities or social barriers. It's just easier to interact with others when you are "Assured" of at least one other being's complete and unconditional Love and Acceptance!

I can see that going a LONG way to healing all kinds of ailments!!!

2012/13 (48) days out!
2013/14 (44) days out!
chomps1211 is offline   Reply With Quote