Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Board Purchase Help!
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 08:09 AM   #24 (permalink)
hktrdr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby View Post
Huge help. I knew this forum would be helpful! Sounds like maybe a Machete is a good call. Everyone recommending a stiff board for me makes sense, but at the same time I don't want to screw myself for when I AM in the terrain park.

I'm also one of "those" people that isn't too into buying the generic board...so a Burton Custom just doesn't sound like a fun purchase, even though I know it is what it is because it's good at what it is ha. Would love to find a board to satisfy my needs that is more boutique. Butttttt I know, I know...get the board that's best for me despite it's name.
Burton Custom is far from a generic board. Lots of them sold for sure, but many people have no business being on one or a Custom is the wrong board for them - however for you it actually sounds pretty much spot on. Definitely consider/check out the Custom (regular camber version, not the Flying V and probably not the Custom X either).
hktrdr is offline   Reply With Quote