Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Helmet Audio Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 10:06 AM   #1 (permalink)
smokebelch109

Default Helmet Audio Thread

So help me out here

I know people wail on the skullcandy audio drops you can buy to slip in to your helmets to have audio built in but are they really that bad and is there a better solution?

Heres my issue, last year i wore ear buds and apart from getting uncomfy after pressuring my ears after a long day i kept having to take them out to talk to people which means taking the gloves off and fiddling about pausing etc, I lead our group so i have to be talking alot but cant be without my tunes on the mountain

The inline pause/play and the fact that i wont need to take my gloves off all the time with the in helmet solution is really attractive.

That being said im not a fan of Skullcandy, seen too many people moan about them. The only sets i see on the market are the GIRO/RED/SMITH Skullcandy audio drops, which im guessing are all exactly the same just branded differently?

Im guessing there must be some clever hacks to just make better headphones fit in the earpads of a helmet?

Any and all advice welcome. tops about a 50 budget for the cans.

EDIT: The helmet i had bought made my head look like a mushroom. Am open to suggestions of a helmet with built in Audio

Cheers

Last edited by smokebelch109; 11-13-2012 at 04:23 AM.
smokebelch109 is offline   Reply With Quote