Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Rome Targa vs Burton Cartel?
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 11:31 AM   #23 (permalink)
hktrdr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra View Post
umm, how can you guarantee me anything when you are basing your reply on assumptions? What specifics do you have other than what I have told you. That's not very much is it? Again, I ask, is it the number 3 that bothers you? Should I have said 10%? Would that have been more believable?

3% is not something from the marketing department - have a look around, you won't find it anywhere. I have it from a guy who works in the bindings design dept at B. I'm no engineer and do not know what machines they used to get that number, but when that guy tells me it's 3%, I know its legit.

oh, and what do you think about the 2014 Cartels? Didn't think Burton could release 2014's in 2012!
What bothers me is the claim that the flex/stiffness of the binding or highback can be accurately measured or expressed in one number.
Is there one aspect in which the new Cartel highback is 3% stiffer than last year's one?
Are there others where it is more or less flexing than 3% the difference? Almost certainly...

Do you really believe that the highback is 3% stiffer torsionally as well as laterally...as well as in shock loading vs. gradual loading...as well as in breaking strength...etc.?
It just makes no sense.

And we have had the discussion on model year numbers before.

Last edited by hktrdr; 01-05-2013 at 08:53 PM.
hktrdr is offline   Reply With Quote