Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Pipe vs park.. which is harder?
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 11:34 AM   #15 (permalink)
huckit

Location: Northern MI (the snow is continually sucking up here)

3 days since last post... Digging it up..

For how new you are at boarding, you will want to start on boxes, but just be sure to lean forward a little, while still keeping the toe edge of your board up. For some people, when they first got on a box they lean too far back and hit their head on it. (Wear a helmet.) As far as safety goes, just stay in your comfort level. Personally, my comfort level has gotten me into trouble in the past, so if you have second thoughts, you may want to go with the safer thought. In some cases, rails can be easier than boxes (short flat rail vs. step down box) and trying 50/50 isn't that hard on either one. As for the pipe, it's nice to learn turning and push-off 180's, but until you're more experienced, you may want to stay away. Especially if the pipe is frequented by experienced riders. I've been riding the pipe before and I came in on my toe turn after an exit, only to crash into a little girl that was heading down the pipe. Horrible, I know, but I had no clue she came in after I did. Rider awareness is the key!

my 2 cents.
huckit is offline   Reply With Quote