Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Snowboard suggestions?
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 05:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by protechjump View Post
Alright I've been riding a terrible sims board for the past 2 seasons and I'm now ready to ditch that stick and upgrade big time. I'm an expert snowboarder who does 10 metre cliff drops and can ride anything. Not much of a park rider; don't need a board for rails or boxes. I just go to the park to do the XL jumps every once in a while. I'm 5'9 and weigh 130 pounds. I have some boards in mind, but I won't list them because I want to see what you guys will suggest. My budget is 800. I need something that'll last. Directional or not, it doesn't matter. I need something in between freeride and freestyle. Kind of all mountain, but something that is perfect in all areas except rails and boxes; not mediocre in everything.
Thanks for you help
Expert snowboarders generally have more of a clue about boards.

You also put Burton and Never Summer in your tags, so what's the point in asking for recommendations if you've pretty much decided between two brands?

An "expert" snowboarder would also know that a board isn't "perfect in all areas except one." Might also mention the conditions that you most frequently ride in. 800 what? Pesos? Boards don't tend to last when you frequently throw them over "10 metre cliff drops."

Also, are you intending on going bindingless? If so, I recommend some of this and a hefty dose of luck:

Last edited by Edge; 11-10-2012 at 05:21 PM.
Edge is offline   Reply With Quote