Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - What was your most expensive injury? also, Do you have insurance?
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 08:19 PM   #3 (permalink)
huckit

Location: Northern MI (the snow is continually sucking up here)

My latest, and probably my most expensive, was actually a dirtbike accident. Was going around 25 mph, crashed, did a flip and landed on my head, neck, and then whacked my lower back. I wear all my protective gear, but I wasn't wearing a kidney belt, which protects the lower back. I broke my leatte brace, which means it did its job, and I felt okay actually, void a pain in my lower back (the bike was okay btw, which is crazy becuase it did a couple flips as well.) By the end of the day my back was cramping and killing me and I couldn't really bend over because it swelled up so bad, which sucked because I had to load my bike and crap. Anyway, next day wasn't any better, I went to a doctor and got xrays and he told me he was 90% sure I had fractured my lumbar spinal process, and that I should get a ct scan. I went in to the ER, had the scan, and they told me that I was fine; the thing the doctor saw on the xray was actually showing that I had a minor spina bifida. Which I guess means that my spinal process never fully developed. All in all, I was diognosed with a large hematoma. Recovery time: 1 week, thank God.

No insurance. And it's really dumb that I had to get a ct, which ain't that cheap. Everything was still under 2 grand though, so not that bad. Other than that just concussions and pulling muscles and spraining stuff. Snowboarding, football, being dumb-all definitely worth it though, except for the being dumb part. And smashing my foot under a trailer.
huckit is offline   Reply With Quote