Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Father Teaching Kids to Snowboard
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 09:26 PM   #6 (permalink)
jamesdthomas2

Quote:
hats cool you had your son to love snowboarding. My oldest grandson will be 4 and i'll send him to a ski class this season(hope he likes it). my 2 yr-old grandson will be with me on my snowboard on the bunny hill and hope he too would like it. His dad takes him longboarding so it may work out. just two more weeks.......
I introduced my son to snowboarding at 1 an half. As soon as he could stand, I made a snow trench in my front yard. This trench made it so he could not fall. He would just lean over the trench.

When he was 2. Its just about having fun as others have said. Use you son's natural personality to motivate him. My son has always been competitive. So, I would just ask him to race. He never refuses a race. Also plan on getting off task frequently. My son would always talk about how tall the tree are. Another suggestion is to have candy ready. Two reasons... Candy give kids a little energy and I use this as a reward system. Three Skittles per run.lol. My son will work his but off for three skittles. Oh...one more tip. My son plays a lot of tony hawk shred. This is the game that has a board you stand on. It has both snowboarding and skateboarding. I wish you the best of luck.
jamesdthomas2 is offline   Reply With Quote