Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Never summer sl 2012 - detune? Beginner
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 10:43 AM   #1 (permalink)
Decade190

Default Never summer sl 2012 - detune? Beginner

OK guys...
So i'm a beginner but have wakeboarded, skated and skiied for years so anticipate progressing quickly. I have snowboarded for 1 day in total and can link turns (wouldn't say carving yet) both sides and am comfortable on most runs. Will be doing mainly groomers with some park - jumps only.

I'm going over to france in a few weeks for the whole season and have decided to snowboard primarily whilst there, a good opportunity to really get into it!

I have bought a Never Summer SL 2011/2012 158 new (clearance sale) in store and burton cartel bindings.

My first question is... am I mad to start out with this board? I really can't afford to buy several boards and I didn't want a beginner board that I would outgrow within a few weeks of the season. Am i about to eat dirt/bruise my ass for 4months?

Secondly... I dont fully understand what people are talking about but I aware that the board comes with 0 bevel. As such many people seem to detune the edges of the board - or at least the nose and tail before the contact area. I was hoping to ride the board out of the bag with no real changes - I will just wax it regularly throughout the season.
Should I be looking at detuning or changing the edge?
Decade190 is offline   Reply With Quote