Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - How much snow do I need?...
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 11:25 AM   #3 (permalink)
atr3yu
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDog View Post
OK, have a bunch of new gear and opening day at shames is still a month away. I'm like a kid on Christmas with no batteries!

I've never actually been snowboarding. Contemplating just heading up to the local golf course to commandeer it as my personal bunny hill. How much snow is "enough" to do this? The grass is still poking through in my backyard, we maybe have 2" down here but it is still snowing and they get more snow up on the hill at the golf course.

I'm dying to give it a try, but I don't want to look like (more of) an idiot because there isn't enough snow to get my glide on.

So, what's the minimum required depth given no previous pack at all? Obviously rocks and shit isn't much of a concern on the golf course.

Thanks,

OD
Just saying that I literally did the same thing last year. Seriously went to my local golf course as its a very popular sledding hill in the winter. I waited for 30cm to be honest, but I didn't want to risk my gear.
atr3yu is online now   Reply With Quote