Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Goggle w/ Best Visibility
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 03:12 PM   #40 (permalink)
huckit

Location: Northern MI (the snow is continually sucking up here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trbo323 View Post
I have some I/Os, they have been extremely good to me. I moved to them from a pair of bolle's nothing wrong with the bolle's but the smiths offer much more peripherals and fit to my helmet better. not to mention being able to change the lenses out so fast depending on conditions sure is nice. The only down side i have found to the I/Os is at least for me and the way my face is shaped, when i get hit with a cross wind the smiths do allow a little more air in through the goggle. Its not to the point of being a problem but it is noticeable

anyone tried the Dye goggles yet? I come from a paintball background where dye makes some of the best lenses in the game so I was rather excited to hear they were taking a stab at snow goggles. They seem expensive (which, truth be told is par for the course for Dye) but if they have taken what they have learned in paintball and applied it to snow goggles they should be a good pair of lenses
Yeah, I just picked up a pair of T1's made by Dye. So far, AWESOME. Have I used them on the snow yet? Sadly, no, because there isn't any snow up here yet. Also, from what I'm reading, polorized lenses may not be the way to go... they came with two sets: polorized and not.

Brian- ebay is a great place to buy goggles. I picked up my T1's for pretty cheap. But, my splice's I got from a local shop. If the price isn't to much different, support your local shops when possible!
huckit is offline   Reply With Quote