Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Snow Tires Or All Seasons
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 05:10 PM   #7 (permalink)
NewbALewb

Quote:
Originally Posted by linvillegorge View Post
Snow tires are great, but IMO are unnecessary if you live in the Denver metro area. Dry pavement wears them like pencil erasers and the Front Range really doesn't get all that much snow. Hell, even up in the foothills I wouldn't have them. Just not enough days with snowpacked roads to rationalize them. I wouldn't have them unless I lived west of the divide in the mountains. That's when they'd be practical IMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodrat View Post
I think winter tires are completely worth it, especially on a Subaru. But, you don't have to buy new ones, look on Craigslist. I found 4 General Altimax Artics with one season on them for $180. Just look around. Honestly, best winter tires I've ever used.
Quote:
Originally Posted by slyder View Post
Im all about snow tires. Matter of fact I put mine on just today.
I get about 3 seasons on mine before they need replacing. Not bad for a great snow tire run 5 months out of the year. Only $75 a tire as well, love my Hankook iPike's

Never at a loss for traction....ground clearance is another issue... now the roof rack needs to go on, our hill may open next week for sure Dec 1 it will be up there.

I will be driving from okc to pagosa roughly 5 times this season, and we do not see a lot of snow here. I was just curious if it would be dangerous road tripping 1200 miles per trip on all seasons. Also curious if the tires would wear out a lot faster driving around on them without snow or ice lol. Sorry i know this is a dumb question, but they are kinda pricey. I have been thinking about just buying a new set of rims, and putting the all seasons on those, and swapping out the rims before each trip.

What would you do personally. I have no experience in this area . THanks guys, you all are always a lot of help <3.'

p.s - If all seasons will work decently for what im planning on doing, which brand / model would you recommend ?
NewbALewb is offline   Reply With Quote