Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - New board...
Thread: New board...
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 07:46 PM   #16 (permalink)
walove
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchaison View Post
And I ride Stevens Pass 98% of the time (1% Baker and 1% Crystal) in the area. Annual trips to a resort somewhere (Tahoe, Big Sky, Colorado, Utah, etc)
I rode stevens tons for years, and worked there too before i moved to montana. Stevens is full of short steep pitches with flat meadows between them. Mix this with lots of heavier powder means it demands a lot from a board. Here is my opinion about a good board for stevens. You need length for float to carry you over the flat areas, and a long rockered nose to keep you on top of the snow. If you sink in the heavier snow you quickly come to a stop. And you need a stiffer board to bust through the crud when the powder becomes chopped up while exerting a lot less energy.

A stiff directional freeride board will take you places at stevens that just arent fun to ride on other boards. It also make carving the groomers when it is empty at night lots of fun.

only reason to get a softer twin is if you want a board to just cruse around with the family, or if you looking to get more into freestyle and park.

too bad the only time i get to ride stevens anymore is over Christmas and the place is a shitshow. I do miss the night pow

Last edited by walove; 11-11-2012 at 07:52 PM.
walove is offline   Reply With Quote