Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - How much snow do I need?...
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 10:06 PM   #23 (permalink)
OldDog
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixie View Post
stop turning. Just point it. I mean, it's not steep right?

My very first time boarding I signed up for a lesson but it didn't start until 11am and I was impatient.

Too scared to get on a lift so I just hiked up the bunny hill , strapped in and went for it. I ate it hard, more then once. nothing ventured nothing gained right?
Yeah, OK...

Maybe you missed the part where I said I tried that. Either my tail was coming around on me (in the back seat), my nose was burying (in the whole 3") and I was stopping when I leaned more forward, or even if I tried to just engage a little edge to keep my tail from coming around I dug in and stopped.

3" of fresh on grass just doesn't work. I guess I could practice for hours until my balance was perfect so I could flat-base without too much pressure front or rear, but is there a point to that? Cuz the perfect flat-base technique just sounds like a really good way to catch an edge and eat shit on anything other than 3" of fresh on grass?...

How about it just keeps snowing all night and I go try again tomorrow?

Sheesh...

PS: I know you're a cat/shark thing, but fuck you too Mixie...
OldDog is offline   Reply With Quote