Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Snowboard suggestions?
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 09:38 PM   #22 (permalink)
poutanen
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonerider View Post
Here is a link to the boards. Based on the specs... I think the Avalanche series of boards by Virus (there are several other models they sell) have a normal width profile. I checked and the Burton Custom X 160 cm board is actually narrower than the Avalanche FR - so you should be able to use the same stance as you would a regular freeride board (provided you don't have size 12+ feet... but since you are 5'9" 130lbs, I thought that was unlikely).

PM poutanen for final details soon (like tonight)!
Yeah the Avalanche series are wider than my T7 given the same length, and I run medium Burton bindings at -9/+9 stance angles. They're not a special board shape or a near alpine board or anything, more like a good freeride shape built with top of the line materials to your specs.

Only trouble is they seem to not have much in the range for a 130 lb rider. The small end of the Avalanche FR or FLP series would work, looks like 150 or 156 is it. Depending on what you want to do a 150 might be just right for a 130 lb person...

If you're VERY serious PM me tonight because I'm already trying to get this closed off ASAP. Not trying to be pushy just letting you know. If this doesn't work out I still think a Prior would be a great option.
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote