Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

water proof Stickers for your board (no brand)

8K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  ComeBack_Kid 
#1 ·
How do you guys decorate your board??

Basically i have a pretty plain board. Im thinking about spicing it up with some stickers but i don't want to advertise for anybody.

I don't want a giant BURTON or DC splashed across my board.

I don't mind buying them, anybody knows of any place to buy some cool water proof stickers?

Or if not stickers then any other way to add some style to your board?

#4 ·
My board just has a blue top... no graphics. I mean, its not a HUGE deal. If i don't get stickers, its not like im going to stop snowboarding nor am i going to lose sleep if i don't find any stickers.

Just looking for ideas on how to make your board look better. Chalk it up to me being board and looking to buy unnecessary snowboard products.

#6 ·
you could always learn to skate without a stomp pad on - it will make you better.

To the OP, you're asking something difficult, since you don't want to advertise. Most people get stickers of the board, bindings, outerwear, goggle makers and put them on their board creatively. I've seen energy drink stickers on peoples boards too (which makes me laugh). There are online guides (google search it). Don't put Burton stickers on your DC board etc, and don't have them all centered.

You can buy stickers from snowboard shops, or buy them off guys on forums who make die-cuts. Pm me if you can't find anyone. Or you can send sase to companies asking for free stickers.

#14 ·
you could always learn to skate without a stomp pad on - it will make you better.
+1

I dont mean immature like I need a picasso, i mean immature like 90% are made to attract high school kids (and look like they are made by high school kids). Seriously they are pretty much all shit. 1 in 10 is good, the rest look like ass.
I gotta agree with this. The majority of boards to me look like they're designed to impress kids. Like pretty much everything from Lib Tech (amongst others). Looks like Ralph Wiggum ate one too many crayons and puked on the boards. See below:

I hate to sound like a fanboy but I think Burton has more "mature" graphics in general (on about half the boards). And Never Summer is decent too, usually with a single colour topsheet with a single graphic somewhere. Some of the Arbors look like true art too.

Overall I prefer to see the tech built into the board. My current T7 actually is clear in sections so you can see the core, and the rest of the design is meant to look like animal/tiger fur. Or the carbon fibre with simple logos on the Virus board...

Oh really, god of all things appealing to the eye, the board on the left is my "adult board" (board on the right is my park board/shit stick), please tell me why in your expert opinion why my board looks like a big piece of shit.
Actually your boards look less offensive than most.

#8 · (Edited)
really? elaborate on how 90% of snowboard graphics are immature as shit? What do you want a fucking picasso literally painted on your board? Or a picture of the NYSE on there? Is that mature enough for you?

How do you guys decorate your board??

Basically i have a pretty plain board. Im thinking about spicing it up with some stickers but i don't want to advertise for anybody.

I don't want a giant BURTON or DC splashed across my board.

I don't mind buying them, anybody knows of any place to buy some cool water proof stickers?

Or if not stickers then any other way to add some style to your board?
I love stickers. Personally I would get off the kick of not wanting to advertise for somebody. People bitch about that all the time and make you feel like a tool for having a sticker of a company. In all reality i think its just like showing your support for a company. If you like their products or riders or you have had good business with them then throw a sticker on. Hell throw on a sticker if it looks cool. I don't really know of a specific place that sells stickers other than a local shop. Maybe you can work a deal with them if you buy a certain amount of stuff you can get some free stickers. Also i don't really know much about specific water proff stickers. some hold up better than others, you just find out once you have been riding and stickers start coming off.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.