Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Never summer sl 2012 - detune? Beginner
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 09:43 AM   #29 (permalink)
JHeagz

No matter what it can't be a more harsh ride than the regular camber, 161CM custom from 1993 that I learned on when I was 15 years old and only weighed 145 lbs. Oh, and the bunny slopes weren't open, so I leaned on all blues, haha! I'd be more focused on padding if I were you, b/c you're going to go down regardless of what you do to your edges on your first day or two. I couldn't get off the couch the next day.

Also, from a non-park guy's perspective, I've never detuned a board and get it sharpened 1x a season when I get my based grinded/repaired. Some people complain about edges being too grippy, but to that I say just don't turn as hard! Why would you ever want less edge hold??? <Again not a park guy>

If I were you, I'd throw some pads on and get out there! The quicker you get through the awkward learning phase, the quicker you'll be able to have some real fun. When you're at your lowest, keep going, b/c I've yet to find something in life as great as rewarding as snowboarding.
JHeagz is offline   Reply With Quote