Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - 2013 Neversummer Proto
View Single Post
post #24 of (permalink) Old 11-12-2012, 09:44 AM
emagen

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonerider View Post
To me, for someone who only freerides (groomers, trees, powder) doesn't do any freestyle the Burton Blunt 147 is an awfully soft/short board for someone at 125 lbs.

My wife is 5'0" 95 lbs and she is riding a 146 cm board. This is a video of her riding a black diamond slope (Chair 4 at Kirkwood) halfway through her third season of snowboarding (about 15 days a season).

She will be the first to tell you that she isn't athletic - doesn't go to the gym, doesn't really do any sports (although when we first met I told her she would probably have to learn how to snowboard ). She actually gets winded tying her boots and walking to the lift from the parking lot... but I think she does a decent job of managing that board.
Thanks lonerider for all your help. Yeah, the Blunt is pretty soft..I thought I would get into freestyle a bit more. My progression at it has been at a standstill which is why I was looking at a more freeride oriented board with the occasional lap or two through the park.

I will look at the Cobra and SL. Sorry for the threadjack everyone...