Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Killington

10K views 88 replies 23 participants last post by  Tech420 
#1 ·
Well they started blowing all day yesterday and are getting some real snow for the second time right now. If they keep blowing I wonder if they can open for the weekend.

#44 ·
Logically, you are totally right.

But perhaps the question isn't whether the runs are long enough but rather has the wait since your last ride been long enough?

:dunno:

#50 ·
Sat Perspective

Can't tell you about Sun but Saturday was worth it, keeping all in perspective. I was rusty as all hell, thin conditions with a broken finger but happy to be out there overall.

They did have "Top to Bottom" via a meandering green, slow in parts, but long enough. The blues were on the second lift, shorter lift about mid mountain, crowded.

Stuck mostly with the top main green to the bottom with the Gondola back up top, avoiding the mid mtn-mob scene. If the "9" trails were still solid Monday would be cool b/c there'd likely be less folks.

Attachments

#52 ·
Saturday was great. But after the 6 hour car ride with my friend and his gf we got there rented them some boards (first time) and on the first trip up they were kicked off the mountain... One of the ski patrol saw them attempting to stand for about ten minutes and came over and pretty much said dont ruin today for the other riders just leave lol. He was cool about it, it just sucked they came all that way for nothing. I still went riding though lol.

#58 ·
Went today. Snowing in the morning. Given that it was Tuesday, not alot of people.

It was alright. Pretty icy and bare in some spots. Middle of runs had the most ice so spent most of the day on the edges of the trails.

Advertised as 9 runs open but really felt like 3 or 4 short runs. Youre at the bottom in less than 2 minutes. Had fun but unless youre a season ticket holder not worth it.

I don't see them getting top to bottom anytime soon. All the trails near the K1 Lodge were barely covered. And I mean barely.

#59 ·
hey kinda new here (been on forum but just joined). Anyhow I ride killy and other VT mountains all season. Best we can do living on the crapy east. Anyhow I nothing to contribute to conditions of Killington right now but plan on going up within the next few weeks to check it out. I hope this season is better than last!

#62 ·
I was there this past Saturday (11/24). They had a big warm up on Thursday/Friday, which didn't help what little coverage they had. Temps then dropped on Saturday, which led to a lot of ice. Pretty bad conditions overall, but it was still good to get out there for the first time this season. Worth it for me as a tune up.

nethngbtstk, I think you're right-- next weekend SHOULD be much better since they'll be able to blow almost non-stop this week

#64 ·
From reading posts over on KZone Sunday was a completely different day than Saturday and people were very pleased with the quick turnaround. The interactive trail guide shows guns on all over Ramshead, Snowdon, K peak, and Skye. I'm hoping to make it up there for Sunday.

#65 ·
I'm hitting up Burton's proto lab on dec 7 to make a custom deck how cool is that got an invite gotta go check it out!!!
Killy the next day and ideas how much more terrain will be open I was
Hopi g to hit up the stash is that a possibility you think!!!!
I need an update thanks

#67 ·
was at killington last weekend (sunday ) .. really wasnt bad, they had about 4-5" of fresh. stayed mostly at ramshead so my gf could get her legs back under her. had a blast though and the mountain had alot more coverage than i expected.

#68 ·
Kill or Hunt again

Debating on Hunt or Kill from NYC - 2 hours with low coverage vs 4 hours with good enough coverage this early in the season - getting the sense that Kill will be worth the extra 4 hours there and back...also have other resorts opening so that may drive down those going to Kill. :dunno:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.