Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Toes immediately numb
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 11:46 AM   #4 (permalink)
Tarzanman
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kleraudio View Post
Anything i can do to fix this? My boots are fitted perfectly, nice and snug, spent 2 hours picking them out with the shop guy.

Heat molded as well.

Just really ruins my day when my feet are numb. Everything else I have performs great and i'm comfortable even in the coldest temps, but when my feet are numb i dont have any fun...

Any ideas? Im rocking last years Burton Ruler by the way... 2 days on snow and they are heat molded.

Thanks!
Never met you. Dunno anything about your feet or boots. numbness is lack of circulation.

Your feet swell when you start using them, so there is a fair chance that your snug boots are a bit too snug.

The first thing to check is your bindings. If you are locking in too tight, and your boots are very soft then try backing off a few clicks to see if that helps. If you find that you can't lock in to your bindings securely without numbing your foot then you might need different boots.

I finally had to retire my first pair of boots (very cheap forum recons) last season because for this very reason. They had just gotten soft with age (and maybe use? They only had about 30 days of use on them, though).... and I could not wear them with my 2-strap bindings.

If my current BOA boots start making things numb or hurt then I usually just loosen them up a bit.
Read on another forum: "If someone held a gun to my head and said, "You have to move to Salida tomorrow", I'd probably do it. If they told me I had to go to Breckenridge instead, I think I'd just let them pull the trigger."
Tarzanman is offline   Reply With Quote