Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - UT trip suggestions
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 11:46 AM   #2 (permalink)
neednsnow
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Ogden is a bit more rusty/rough around the edges than SLC is. I've been snowboarding a number of times and the ONLY time I've witnessed a true fight (cops and handcuffs) was one evening in Ogden. It is also much much closer to where you are heading, so I'd suggest staying there or even staying in Eden, which is even closer to the hills.....though a drive from the festivities in Ogden. That being said, if you've ridden Snowbird a bunch, then Pow Mow and Basin will be a definite change of Pace. Personally, I really enjoy Snowbasin, particularly the Strawberry side tons of terrain that doesn't get beat-up nearly as quickly as the Bird. Its been about 4 years since I've been to Pow Mow, but it was a low-key mom and pop operation.

A must stop for a beer and burger is the Shooting Star Saloon in Huntsville, UT. True old-tyme place! The drive to Park City is worth a evening's effort, too. Great town and it'll probably be pretty low-key in Feb since they'll still be hungover from the Sundance Film Fest.