Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Where to next??
Thread: Where to next??
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 05:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
BWayne89

Default Where to next??

Hey guys, I just wanted to get some input on a few locations for this upcoming year. I have been out west to Whistler for the past 2 years and have been both disappointed and content with Whistler. My only complaints for Whistler have been mediocre snowfall and snow conditions for the duration of my trip. Other then that, Whistler has been a blast from the summit to the valley, non stop thrills.

I've always wanted to snowboard "true pow". I got a small taste of it while I was in Whistler but it was short lived and only available in this one chute that I was unable to find afterwards. I live in a region that typically gets mediocre snowfall and unfortunately the hills are groomer conditions. I would love to go to AK and experience some Heli-boarding/backcountry but currently funds are tight. I could probably afford the trip out that way but the added expense of a Heli-tour would probably push me over the limit.

So I ask:
Alaska- are there any half-decent resorts ( similar to Whistler/Blackcomb) in the AK that allow the user to experience pow without the added expense of Heli-boarding?
Nelson, BC - is this strictly Heli-boarding? Or do they have a chairlift?

Vermont or Quebec? - Which one would be better?
Colorado or Utah?
Alberta?
BWayne89 is offline   Reply With Quote