Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Snow Tires Or All Seasons
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 07:16 PM   #27 (permalink)
snowklinger
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by killclimbz View Post
Keep in mind if you do have two sets of tires, you are going to get a lot more wear out of them. I generally get about 2-3 seasons out of my snow tires. My regular set lasts even longer since I am swapping them out. It's a bitch at the start to have them both, but in the long run it'll save you money and headaches if you are driving up in the mountains frequently. I can't tell you how many times my FWD vehicle has gotten through stuff where AWD and 4WD vehicles were plain stuck.
qft x10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 61ragtop View Post
I just bought what I call all weather tires for my VW. They are like snows and all seasons all in one. Leagal for use on hwy in the snowy months and have the snowflake symbol on them like a snow tire does too. Good choice if you cant afford 2 sets and need new tires or just dont have the room for two sets.

SOLUS VIER KH21 - Kumho Tire Canada, Inc.
the main problem here is that if you drive your winter tires all summer not only do they perform like shit but you are rubbing all the siping and soft glass rubber off.

As Kill so eloquently explained, if you are driving in the mountains, a 2nd set of tires is not "more money". You need rubber for your wheels. 2 sets lasts 2x as long. Throw in a full size spare or 2 and your 2 sets will go 3-5 years. Not to mention you can use your summer set to they straight show steel and wear the fuck out...diligence on snow tires pays tho....