Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Your spot on chairlift
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 07:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
ig88

Default Your spot on chairlift

I have only snowboarded for one season, 7 days altogether last season. I still had not managed the skill of getting off chairlift perfect last season. At the beginning of the season, I fell getting off the chairlift every time. Super embarrassment. At the end of the season, I was falling once every four to five times. That's a huge improvement for me already.

For those of you like me who have not fully mastered getting off the chairlift with grace, would you pick a side on the chairlift that's easier to get out?

Last season I was in Korea. For example, on a 4 to 5 person seater, which went counter-clockwise. I always tried to sit on the far right. This spot enabled me to escape from the chairlift fastest. Say if I had settled for the far left spot on the chairlift, I would have had to put in huge efforts to jet off or else I could not have cleared the radius of the path of the chairlift. Sitting on the far left always got me nervous the entire trip up the hill.

Is it just me?

Last edited by ig88; 11-16-2012 at 12:39 AM. Reason: typos
ig88 is offline   Reply With Quote