Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Board lenght question
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 08:56 PM   #7 (permalink)
Snowbunnylu

Quote:
Originally Posted by goranl82 View Post
Hi!

I want to get a new board before winter and have almost decided that it will be the Rome Agent, but I'm not sure which lenght should I get. I know that I need a wide version (I wear size 12 boots). I'm 6'1'' tall and weight 210 lbs (which I would like to trim to about 195), so according to size charts I should most probably go for a 160 cm version. However, since my old 162 cm Elan Answer has alyways felt a bit long, I was thinking to go with a more agile 158 cm version instead. I can also get the latter 30% off (last year model), while for the longer one I would have to pay full price. In terms of riding skills, I would describe my self as an intermediate rider - still learning to press my edges down properly while carving and have barely started to ride switch, but I hope to improve a lot this season. So what do you think - will the 158 cm board ok for my predispositions? Or should I take the 160 cm one? I would combine it with the 390 Boss bindings. Thanks in advance.
I work at a snowboard shop, I tell people to get a board that is between your chin and nose.
With the new tech you can go with a shorter board. Like if you get a reverse camber you'll be fine in any kind of condition. Most company's have some form of magne traction so it'll will have great edge hold. But with size 12 boots you will need something wider
Snowbunnylu is offline   Reply With Quote