Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Your spot on chairlift
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 08:49 PM   #8 (permalink)
jdang307
Veteran Member

Before I ever went on, my wife (then gf) and her friend both scared the shit out of me by warning me about the lift, and how easy it is to fall. I'm neurotic, so they only made one comment but then it terrified me before going up (kind of like going up the first drop on a roller coaster).

So I psyched myself out. Mind you I had never even slid on a snowboard yet. So I told myself, I'm not going to fall. Stay balanced and ride it out. And I did. My wife and her friend ended up running into each other while I made it out unscathed.

Ever since then I was pretty good at it, and usually only fall when someone interferes with me. I'm usually on the lift with my buddies, so we'll arrange who gets off first. If it's a 3 person lift the person in the middle gets off really early and the other two a split second later.

If it's a four person lift then two first and the other two later (alternating). That way you have a little room.

6 person chair fuck it every person for themselves. Don't wait too long or else you get stuck like one of my friends (his second time ever) in Boreal.
jdang307 is offline   Reply With Quote