Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Advice needed: riding over a bunch of small bumps
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 10:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
lonerider
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swizzcapz View Post
Hey guys,

Whenever I rider a bunch of small continuous bumps, I usually end up getting airborne after the first 2-3 bumps.

Besides reducing speed, does anyone have tips on how I can ride these without getting airborne?

There were some small side ramps on hills last year but there were numerous bumps before the approach. If I slow down on the bumps, I won't be able to get off the ramp nice!

Thanks!
Two techniques... unweight the board and pre-ollie.

Un-weighting the board means relaxing your legs so when you hit the bump you legs bend really easily and soak up they bump like a pair of shock absorbers. This only works up to a certain sized bump. Actually you can even "pull" your knees up to suck up the board in anticipation of the bump.

Pre-ollie means you ollie (i.e. jump) just as you reach the bump and kind of go hop over it (your board maybe actually still be touching the snow). This works better... but you need to know how to ollie properly.

Watch the riders at 0:30 and 0:40 (esp. guy in green) and see how they get real low, and then swing their weight up just before the bump and then look like they are pulling the board up to them as they go over the bump?

Last edited by lonerider; 11-13-2012 at 12:51 AM.
lonerider is offline   Reply With Quote