Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Board Stolen at Copper Veterans Day- REWARD
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 11:34 PM   #19 (permalink)
Skinny Bam

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetDoc View Post
A little research shows these things are junk. You bring up a good topic though. I'm going to buy something like this in a 5' length, then it's long enough to run through both bindings and you aren't going to cut it with a wire cutter or snap the lock.

Kryptonite KryptoFlex 1007 Cable - 7' at REI.com

I'll lock it to the rack in the morning where I usually stop to eat/drink that way I'm not carrying it all day. I'll carry the little burton one in my pocket in case I stop anywhere else.

Problem solved.
Ya ive used my lock for the last 2-3 years and never had issues but I also am VERY paranoid about my shit and make sure if I go in to eat I sit somewhere where I can see it and get to it quickly if needed. I agree with the general consensus that the cable lock is enough to make the thief go to a different board thats not locked, but just like anything else, if they want your board that bad they can cut it. Bike lock is a good idea to lock to a rack and leave but if you are at big resorts you may not stop at the same base....moral of the story: best deterrent is not leaving your shit anywhere!
Skinny Bam is offline   Reply With Quote