Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - $500 for X-mas, what to get?
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 11:31 PM   #4 (permalink)
firstx1017

I'm kind of surprised you don't think you would use a camera. I'd ask for the new Go Pro Hero 3 - Black version with everything.

We use our Go Pro Hero 2 (we actually have 2 Go Pro Heros wide and 1 Go Pro Hero 2 with wifi and remote) on EVERYTHING. My husband made a rotating 360 degree mount for our Goldwing - get some awesome videos with it while riding. We have made a ski rope handle for waterskiing an wakeboarding - got some awesome videos waterskiing from the handle we made which shows us from the top of our head to the bottom of the skis. We have attached it to our paddleboards - the paddles and the boards itself and have some great videos. My husband rigged up a collapsable handle and we take it on hikes and use it on our snowboarding trips. We also rigged up a shoe mount and used it along with the helmet strap for ziplining. Even rigged it up to our innertubes rafting down the Kern River this summer thru the rapids.

I have made 15 minute videos or so of all our trips so 20 years from now we can remember what all we used to do! My vote is for the Go Pro. Just my 2 cents......

Last edited by firstx1017; 11-12-2012 at 11:34 PM.
firstx1017 is offline   Reply With Quote