Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Salomon Man's Board - Length for me - Please help
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 09:09 AM   #1 (permalink)
laxinchili

Default Salomon Man's Board - Length for me - Please help

Hi Guys, I am making a return to snowboarding this winter!!! SO EXCITED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am in the market for a new board... I am a freeride type of guy that rarely goes airborne off the kicker on the side, etc, but mostly enjoy ripping (in more ways than one, Oh!) and carving.

I am pretty set on getting a Man's Board after what I have heard of it, and I have my eyes on a 162 from last year at a great price. My past board is an oldschool Rossignol RS, also at 161. My concern is that I have lost weight since I last rode, going from about 185 to 160-170. The mans board looks like a sweet combination of new tech with no BS.

Considering I'm that i'm now noticeably lighter, would you guys still recommend a 162 for me, or should I look @ a smaller board? 159 perhaps??
I just want to do the best I can with my tight budget!

Please give me any pointers here, including suggestion for other boards. My ears are open and welcome any wisdom.
Thanks in advanced!
laxinchili is offline   Reply With Quote