Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - All mountain bindings?
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 12:13 PM   #11 (permalink)
addi61

Alex,

I don't have personal experience with any of the bindings except the Cartels. I rode them one day at the end of last year and did notice the heel side of the base lifting a little under hard toe side turns. The problem was more pronounced on the Burton Prophecy bindings I rode most of last year. They were probably worse because the base was a combo of 11% glass blend and 30% glass blend vs straight 30% on the Cartels. I also don't know how many days the Cartels were ridden before I had them and the lift didn't become really noticeable on the Prophecys until about day 15-20. I am also a heavier ride at 210lbs so someone light may not notice as much. It was only a problem for me when riding fast in less than ideal snow conditions. On toe side carves the pressure and chop would cause my heels to bounce a little give me an unstable feeling. This was enough for me to get rid of the prophecies which were other wise great bindings. I am looking at some Burton bindings with reflex again this year but this issue has kept me from pulling the trigger so far.
addi61 is offline   Reply With Quote