Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - All mountain bindings?
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 12:53 PM   #12 (permalink)
jdang307
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phony_stark View Post
I've only tried two of those bindings, the 390 Boss (2011) and the Cartel (2009, 2011, 2012). I liked both but, out of those two I preferred my Cartels. Ratchets didn't slip as much (I heard they fixed this) and they weren't as fussy to set up.

I think Burton makes the second best bindings on the market.
Who is the first, Technine?

I have the 390 Boss now, but sitting on my board ready to get its cherry popped (any day now).

Last year rode the Burton Malavita, and Raiden Blackhawks. Malavita might be a little too soft, but I loved the fit and finish and ratchets and comfort of the Vitas, which is why the Cartel is high on my list this year.

The blackhawks were great, and I would have kept them except my boot was not centered perfectly and for someone OCD like that drove me crazy. The forward/backward options are not that great, but I was on the very low end of the boot size for the binding.

Other than that, it was canted, comfortable, and ratchets were butter, even better than the Burton ones, which I liked.

Check out the blackhawks.

Oh, and the heel lift on the Re:Flex. I'm like phony, never noticed it.

But addi makes a great point, it may become an issue at high speeds and extreme force.
jdang307 is offline   Reply With Quote