Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Salomon Man's Board - Length for me - Please help
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 01:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
lonerider
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by laxinchili View Post
Thank you for the responses guys.

I just weighed myself again and HOLY SHIT I HAVE LOST WEIGHT! Marathons man, they change your body.

I am now 153 lbs (with only shorts and tee)... adding another 10 lbs for clothes/boots/pack... what do you guys suggest now lengthwise??

(I just found out suggest weight by Salomon for 162 is 155 lbs- 195 lbs [175 avg]... i'm definitely on the lower end... and the 159 is 130-185lbs [157.5 avg])
Good job! I see too many posts from people who try to finagle their way into shorter board (apparently pretending you are a nimble butterfly is the new fad) talking about the weight they are GOING to lose... instead of the weight they already lost. I normally ridicule everyone who try to size down on their boards (even shorter than what the MAKER of the board recommends) in some lame attempt to compensate for their shoddy riding skills.

However, for you I would definitely go down to 158-159 cm. I'm 5'9" 150 lbs and I find a 158-160 to be perfect for pure free-riding. If you are right in the middle of the company's recommend weight range I think you are good to go.
lonerider is offline   Reply With Quote