Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Why is it so hard to find over 10k for women's pants
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 02:20 PM   #5 (permalink)
lonerider
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowbunnylu View Post
I want to ride in any condition but my pants are getting worn out and are only 10k. My jacket is 20k so it's fine in the rain/ wet snow. I've checked some stores and it seems like most of the pants are 5k-10k. I'll probably end up ordering pants but I would pefer to try them on first. Does anyone recommend a pant that they have been using?
Why not get a pair of pants with Goretex? Gore never posts their actually waterproof numbers, but it is supposedly over 25k. My wife was kind of dragged into this whole snowboarding thing (she absolutely detests being cold/wet... doesn't even like weather less than 60F). So I got her a pair of Arcteryx Theta SV bib pants a few years ago. Pricey (I got them 40% off) but keeps her dry and comfortable. I figure you can pay one of two way... now at the "store"... or on the mountain in "pain an suffering" (or in my case... secondhand pain and suffering )

Last edited by lonerider; 11-13-2012 at 02:23 PM.
lonerider is offline   Reply With Quote