Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Salomon Man's Board - Length for me - Please help
View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 02:28 PM
lonerider
Veteran Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowRock View Post
I just got back into the mix 2 years ago after brief hiatus and upgraded all my gear last year. I used to ride a definition 161 but went with the 159 man's board.

Its plenty of board for me. stable, stiff, handled all the garbage conditions I rode on last year well (east coast and two co trips). I'm closer to 200 and found it fine. I don't think the 162 would be a huge difference since as DavidZ said you are used to a larger board.. i just don't think its needed.

It does require your attention but its a great board IMO.. I just hope I get to use it on some decent snow this year.
Hey, I used to ride a Salomon Definition 156 myself (when I was 140 lbs). Was a great free-riding board. I've been doing a lot more park recently the last couple of years and have been trying other brands after having a bunch of Salomon boards (450, Burner, Forecast (ERA?), Definition, Daniel Frank pro model).