Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Technical Shell Jacket Recommendations
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 02:47 PM   #91 (permalink)
Sassicaia
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple8Sol View Post
What's with all the gore-tex humping? I have currently and in the past had plenty of gore-tex stuff, pants, gloves, etc... but it is pretty widely known that it is no longer the best. It's been surpassed by plenty of others that are just as waterproof but far more breathable. If this is the direction of this thread and others that are sure to come, you really ought to be preaching about eVent, OmniDry, NeoShell, DryQ, etc...
The point of the debate was that someone said goretext doesnt even come close to some of the other new techs which is false. There are plenty of other good brands such as the ones you mentioned which compete with goretext at the high end. No one is fare superior with at best splitting hairs differences between them i.e. goretex has better breathability then eVent .

The fact is top top end techs are all great, and beyond 20k/20k. I doubt anyone (myself included) would be able to determine much a performance difference between the top brands when snowboarding.
Sassicaia is offline   Reply With Quote