Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Lessons - yes or no?
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 02:55 PM   #16 (permalink)
SBK

My two cents, I would line up lessons both days and take another the next time you are out.

I took lessons even after having boarded for a few years and it help me with control and faster turns.

If you are an experienced skier you will probably learn much faster than other beginners in group setting but like it was mentioned before, if you get lucky you might get a private lesson. My GF and I signed up for 3 lessons over a 3 week period a few years back. After one run it became apparent to one of the instructors that we were a little more advanced than the other intermediates so he broke off with us and we got private lesson for the rest of the time.

I've heard it repeated often that 3 days is the magic number to be linking turns and comfortable getting down moderate runs.

I'm not a big fan of the one day intro lessons, they teach you enough to get on and off the lifts and maybe make a skidded turn.

Also would recommend a helmet if you don't normally wear one. You'll catch an edge at some point and hitting your head is a possibility.
SBK is offline   Reply With Quote