Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Technical Shell Jacket Recommendations
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 05:43 PM   #95 (permalink)
gstboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by miles1717 View Post
Aside from the some of the silliness in this thread, it's actually been really informative. Thanks everybody.

One question though. On Burton's site, they list the AK 3L Hover Jacket as using two different GoreTex fabrics depending on the color. The "Acid and True Black" colorways are listed as using GoreTex Pro, and the "Schwag and Bluebird" colorways are listed as using GoreTex Soft Shell. Now, none of these 3L Hover jackets have liners or anything, so is there really going to be a noticeable difference between, say, the Hover Jacket in black or the Hover Jacket in blue?

Here's the link to Burton's Hover jacket page.
My experience with Goretex hasn't been with Burton but with Arcteryx. None of the Burton stuff fits well on me and I can never find the color I want. I would go with other goretex equivalents if the styles were better. I can't find anything that fits and looks better than Arcteryx so I will pay their price to wear their stuff.

I don't really care about the brands, I have a relative that works for columbia and I can get stuff from her for a deep discount but I choose Arcteryx because I can't find anything from Columbia that I like and fits me as well. For all I know everything like omni-heat or dryq event could be all better than goretex but the style I like is only offered in goretex so that's why I go with it. It's not like we are all going to go cross-country skiing mount Everest anytime soon.
gstboy is offline   Reply With Quote