Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Looking for New Board (Cobra, Raptor, Premier F1)
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 05:50 PM   #36 (permalink)
lonerider
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghuss37 View Post
Ok, so I went to Loveland for demo day. We got probably 2-4 inches of snow. Conditions were OK, a little icy in spots and the skiers made some killer moguls that were hard to see when it was white-out conditions.

I demoed:

Heritage 158
I don't know what to say about the Heritage. I liked it, I felt like I had more control. However, it was the first board I tried and wish I could have tried it again at the end, but I ran out of time.

Ultra Dream 158
My first run with the ultra dream was great. I didn't catch any edges and it felt really good. I took a break for lunch and picked it back up and was having some trouble controlling it. Turning was definitely different than with a never summer. I could see this one shining on the powder.

Cobra 161
My favorite board of the day. I felt like I had so much control and could carve over the ice without flinching. The board seemed heavy, but I really liked it.

SL 155
The SL was smaller than I wanted, but the only size that was available. It felt a lot like my Evo with a little more stability. I did like this one, but definitely feels too similar to my Evo.

On Sunday I went to Breck and played with my Evo. Man, I love that thing...I love the pop it has and how easy it is to turn. I did notice the edge hold on it seems a little bad over icy areas. The board is so playful that I am not sure if I want to get rid of it.

All in all...I have no idea what I'm going to do...haha
Lol... well now you have about as much information as you can possible get for making a decision (nothing beats first-hand experience). The reality is that there are a LOT OF BOARDS THAT ARE FUN TO RIDE... so it really is just about picking a board (or seven ) that will match you personal preferences.

Good luck!

Last edited by lonerider; 11-13-2012 at 05:52 PM.
lonerider is offline   Reply With Quote