Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Salomon Man's Board - Length for me - Please help
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 05:14 PM   #17 (permalink)
timmytard
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonerider View Post
I disagree. I'm 150lbs and I have ridden up to 178cm board (that is a big board). This is me riding a 158 cm board at 140 lbs

This is me riding at 160 cm split board (so it's even heavier than a regular board)

So snowklinger... no disrespect, but how experienced of a rider are you? I know just started again 3 years ago... but how much we you riding before your hiatus? If you are shortboard skateboarder and never do real carved turns, I can see what you might think regular sized boards are too long for your twitchy turn style.

I'm just wondering why you ride your Proto 154 cm as an all-mountain board at 175 lbs... and I'm riding the exact same board as my dedicated park board at 150 lbs.
I totally agree with you on both points, I've had up to a 74W, but have also had a 69,66,63.
& that snowklanger, need to step up to the big boy boards
I haven't dipped into anything under 160 for years, got a Burton Hero & went down to 155cm.
Sketchy as fuck, wish I would have @ least got a 160cm.

Do you think it has to do with shortboard skateboarding & how long you've been riding for?

This is my 25th year, back in day, everybody seemed to ride bigger boards. But also I live in B.C., ya kinda hafta have a bigger board around here I find.

I never shortboarded either, my best snowboarding buddy for 20 years did.
Even 20+ years ago he bought a Kemper freestye 155 & I had a Kemper freestye 165.

TT

Then I am so close to immortality
timmytard is offline   Reply With Quote