Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Bindings with no shortcomings!?
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 05:19 PM   #8 (permalink)
lonerider
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby View Post
Ok I'm getting a new board which this forum helped me narrow down some good choices. Gotta slap some bindings on it! I'm looking at the Ride Machete and the Never Summer Heritage.
Right now I have Salomon Dialogue boots size 9 from 2006 that I think I'm fine with unless there is some reason to change. I'm 5'9 160 lbs so looking in the 154-157 range of boards.

So all that being said, it seems the questions in bindings are comfort, weight, and function. So what are some beast bindings that make sense for me (freeride/all mountains not heavy in that park but i dabble) that have great comfort and strong ratchets that don't get criticized for slipping. Don't want to spend more than necessary just to spend, but want to know what the best are regardless of that.

Thanks!
How many days have you had on those Salomon Dialogues? 6 years is a long time. I used to permanently crease my Dialogues at the ankle joint in like 20 days (REI would replace them for free)... admitted I was over-tightening them because my heel was too narrow for them (switch to Nitro boots which have a slimmer heel profile and now I only tighten to just-snug).

Bindings... ah well... I did like my Burton C60, in my opinion there were not actually that stiff (I'm 5'9" 150 lbs). Here is me freeriding in them on a NS SL 155 (just so you get an idea of what they can do)

Then here is me dabbling in the park on them.

Actually though... there are not the most comfotable binding (the ankle strap is a little stiff). I switch to CO2 (guy was selling them NIB for 60% off) at the end of last season and they are better (no videos of me riding in them). Unfortunately Burton bindings are pricey.

I had two pairs of Rome bindings (390 and 390 BOSS), they I found them to be too soft for free-riding in my opinion. I've ridden Cartels and they are pretty good (prefer my CO2 though) although some people may not like the highback (I don't mind tall highbacks). Ride CAD and Ride Spi were a bit bulky and heavy to me (only rode them 1-2 runs though).

Last edited by lonerider; 11-13-2012 at 05:59 PM.
lonerider is offline   Reply With Quote