Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Salomon Man's Board - Length for me - Please help
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 06:57 PM   #19 (permalink)
timmytard
Veteran Member

[QUOTE=lonerider;538639]That was just a theory I was thinking up on the fly. A lot of people on the forum say they like the loose trucks skate feel some snowboard equipment gives them and I noticed snowklinger specifically said "I ride the mountain like a skatepark" which is what one of my riding friend (who shortboard) does too (slowly picks his way down the mountain... looking for every tree trunk he can bonk, every ridge on the edge of the trail he can pop, etc...).

I am admittedly a pretty terrible shortboard skateboarder. I can barely ollie standing still... forget trying to ollie up a curb, and I can "survive" a drop-into a bowl, but that's about it. but I did do some downhill longboarding, here is a video of someone ELSE doing what I like to aspire to.

I was going WAY slower than this guy and I never did stand up powerslides (I always had one hand with a slider puck on the ground). I also rode with the freebording crew too... but it wasn't very fun in my opinion... Freebording is like being a crappy snowboarder (skidding the whole time). This was the hill that we did though (I burned through my wheels a bit going down that).

That's pretty good, I can't ollie @ all. Never could.
I've hit 100km/h on my home made longboard though, down this hill Untitled on Vimeo
& a few months ago I attached some bindings to a longboard & attempted to jump 2 flights of stairs. eating shit on Vimeo
I ate shit, bit off more than I could chew, for not being able to even ollie.

TT
Attached Images
File Type: jpg looks just like a snowboard.jpg (65.4 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg the real home-made bomber.jpg (121.1 KB, 4 views)

Then I am so close to immortality
timmytard is online now   Reply With Quote