Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Salomon Man's Board - Length for me - Please help
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 07:03 PM   #20 (permalink)
lonerider
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmytard View Post
That's pretty good, I can't ollie @ all. Never could.
I've hit 100km/h on my home made longboard though, down this hill Untitled on Vimeo
& a few months ago I attached some bindings to a longboard & attempted to jump 2 flights of stairs. eating shit on Vimeo
I ate shit, bit off more than I could chew, for not being able to even ollie.
TT
Wow... that is a sketchy looking longboard lol... actually, freebord did have that going for them (you could jump surprising well with them).

Anyway... back to snowboarding ... yea back in the day it was all about BIG GUNS 180cm+ snowboards like Glissade Snowboards, Radical Surfs, or Rad Air Tankers up to 200cm. I tried a Rad Air Tanker 172cm and rode a Prior WCR-M 178cm - fun for blasting down wide open bowls and surprisingly not too hard to handle in the trees... but really just not my thing. Now it's all Burton NUGs and snowskates so people can pretend they are skateboarding on the snow. I was always a snowboarder first, where you actually learn to turn and ride the slopes before learning "tricks" (I picked up skateboarding as a way to try and freeride snowboard in warm weather).

Last edited by lonerider; 11-13-2012 at 07:06 PM.
lonerider is offline   Reply With Quote