Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Your goals for this season?
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 06:22 PM   #95 (permalink)
poutanen
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by atr3yu View Post
I did all of the above in my first season of 28 days aside from getting in the air. I had a mental block about it. I am going to take a private lesson this year just to learn to get into the air. So I say your goals look good to me.
Put your board on and stand on perfectly flat snow. Jump up and try to reach down and grab your board (helps stabilize you in the air). Do this a couple times. Then start doing it when you're literally going a couple km/h down a very mild slope. Then a little faster, a little faster, etc.

Once you're comfortable pre-loading and landing at speed, go find a nice roller and hit it at moderate speed. You want the kind of roller that you'll just roll over if you don't pre-load. That way it's all you. If you're not feeling it just don't pre-load. Want to jump, pre-load. Hit that some and you'll be hooked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmytard View Post
I honestly find this hard to believe:dunno
Believe it! I have some mental block with spinning. I've done big air, played in 1/2 and 1/4 pipes since I was 13, etc. I LOVE being in the air but I have some mental block about 360's. Probably doesn't help that the first 90% of my boarding life was on the hardpack of the east coast. A "powder day" for us there was 4" of fresh...
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote