Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Switchback bindings?
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 07:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
jza

Like Alka said.. Switchback are soft bindings that obviously are ideal for park... but like he also pointed out, they can perform everywhere. It's 90% rider 10% gear. I personally like my bindings soft and playful and I by no means ride strictly park. A lot of people prefer putting softer bindings on their pow/deep snow set ups.

If this is any kind of selling feature for you next years switchbacks will be all based off the same molds and there will be new colors added to the line.

What this means for you the end buyer: The parts for this year will all fit on next years bindings, and next years will fit on this years kits. Except the pro-models (eiki/Halldor) which are attached to the baseplate like all other bindings are.

The colors for this year are great but I can only put together a kit that has the black white and red (Jordan inspired). Not much appeal for the teal and orange, but to each their own.

If you want to ride a binding, ride it. I find new gear you always have to adapt to it and who knows... You may like the feel of softer binding.
jza is offline   Reply With Quote