Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Powder Freestyle Board--Never Summer SL??
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 11:58 PM   #5 (permalink)
ETM
Veteran Member

[QUOTE=lonerider;538766]I spent 8 seasons riding at Kirkwood. Here is me riding a SL 155 down Upper Zachary off of Chair 6 (dropped in under the lift, drifted to the left a bit, then cut right got some air on the ridge that forms above the trees) and the cut right for big heelside carve.

In my opinion, people who complain that you are going too long with a 158 at 160 lbs just for free-riding are just skaters kids who pretend to be hardcore riders on the internet. This is me riding a 158 cm board down the run directly under Chair 4

Dropping some rocks under Chair 10

This is me riding a 160 cm splitboard over a rock drop at Thunder Saddle.

While I wouldn't have described the SL as a powder freestyle board. I have a SL 155 at 145-150 lbs. The SL does float in powder (not as much as a dedicated powder board, but just about as good as a twinish board can get) is pretty damp and rides great switch. Here is a video of me video-ing my friend dropping into some powder off the Wave far rider's right from Chair 4. After this I dropped into the powder on my SL to follow him. So you can see the type of powder

However... I actually still do boxes and jumps (more videos of me riding the SL). For pure-freeriding, I wish the SL was just a tad bit stiffer between the bindings. For that reason... I might suggest getting the Heritage 158 since it is a half a notch stiffer and two full notches more damp (according to the charts on the Never Summer website). Here is me carving on the SL

Shameless motherfucker!

Last edited by ETM; 11-14-2012 at 12:00 AM.
ETM is online now   Reply With Quote