Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Powder Freestyle Board--Never Summer SL??
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 06:41 AM   #15 (permalink)
Supra
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonerider View Post
It definitely looks good in that video of yours. Those are some nice pillow drops and log drops at the end. I'm not familiar with the Sherlock... what about it gives it good float, the particular style of rocker shape?
the rocker helps the float obviously, but I think the side effects tech makes a big difference.
Quote:
Side Effects
Lengthening the surface area at the tip and tail contact points improves edge-hold and allows the board to plane easier in powder. Enjoy a livelier feel and enhanced grip on groomers along with added float for overhead days.
Sherlock Snowboard | Burton Snowboards

I live in Japan and ride lots of deep pow. The Sherlock has become my quiver killer since it handles the pow like a champ, all with a freestyle shape. On the deepest day of the year, I was still riding the 160 with a centered stance (I normally ride a 163). Going into the steeps the snow was seriously nipple deep and that's standing on the board nipple deep!

Last edited by Supra; 11-14-2012 at 06:44 AM.
Supra is offline   Reply With Quote